Tuesday 16 December 2014

Choose.

Friends.
Google the word and you'll find hundreds of dictionary definitions, dozens of sites which help you make new friends and stay in touch with the old ones, and almost a million stories on friendship written by the likes of Blyton, Bond, etc.

But, are mere words enough to express the essence of this word or this relation? 

No.

Our body holds the most advanced machine on this planet. The Brain, lodged in a compartment of the skull, the cranium. We think, analyse, act. We choose. We decide. And all of this is controlled by this organ weighing less than 1.5 kilograms. So, isn't it natural to think that we "choose" our friends? 

We don't. We can never choose such stuff. You make friends by accident. And once you've made a friend, there's no going back. 

It's been almost two years since I left my old place and shifted to this city. Making friends was tough initially. I was reluctant to do that. I felt I had exhausted my capacity of forming new ones. Now, I know, it just wasn't the truth. So, yes, while the master organ above, made me think that I didn't need friends, life whispered that I do. 

So, to conclude, don't plan to choose your friends(otherwise you'll just keep waiting forever), choose to make friends

Keep smiling! :)




3 comments:

Musings and the #KfcProposal