Saturday 26 May 2012

Brett Lee

I don't usually write about people. But, today I have a strong urge to write about a person that I admire a lot. He is admired not just by me alone, but also by millions and millions of people around the world. I am talking about the fast-bowler, singer and above all the best smiling assassin - Brett Lee..

Q. When did I start liking him?
Ans: Well, I always knew about Brett Lee. But it was a moment during ICC World Cup 2011, when I actually started liking him. India were already winning the match against Australia when the ball was sent towards the boundary. Being the athletic fielder he is, Brett Lee dived to stop the ball. However, he injured himself just above the right eyebrow. Blood started oozing out. It looked really painful. I was so amazed at how he tried to stop the ball even though he knew that India was already winning. What amused me further was that he returned back to the field after dressing up his injury. That was when I started admiring him. 

   

I was really happy when he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders. I used to watch him bowl and field passionately. 


One of my best friends and I keep talking about Brett Lee, his bowling, his fielding and of course his really cute smile.

During this year's IPL, whenever the cameras focused on Brett Lee, my eyes stopped blinking and I kept watching. When he flew down to Bhubaneswar for a match against the Deccan Chargers, I went to see him at his hotel. I was unable to see him. I saw the players of Deccan Chargers and I was quite happy. But, I really wanted to see Brett Lee. I saw him, though from a distance, the next day. The way he ran across the ground after the ball, made me jump! I was just so very pleased! Although I would like my presence at the match to take the credit of his exceptional performance that day, I won't. ;)

 

When this year's IPL ends, I am really going to miss seeing him every other day on television.

I wish that one day I really get to meet him! Now, I am not on twitter, but if you are, please send this page's link to brett's official twitter account.. ;)

Brett Lee, I hope one day you get to read this post. We all are big fans of you. I wish you all the best for your career ahead and please continue to entertain us with your bowling, fielding and of course singing! And the most important thing - keep smiling :)

4 comments:

  1. That was very sweet..! Brett I really really like you. I hope he always keeps in mind that he has great support from faithful fans like ourselves. The moment he had waved at the crowed right infront of me my heart had stopped beating..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope he gets to read this some time..! I may not be his biggest fan because I struggle with remembering his stats.. But, yeah, no one can deny that I really really admire him and his personality.. :) I hope we both get to meet him soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope he gets to read this some time..! I may not be his biggest fan because I struggle with remembering his stats.. But, yeah, no one can deny that I really really admire him and his personality.. :) I hope we together get to meet him soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Musings and the #KfcProposal