Monday 28 May 2012

Worth the wait..

Yesterday, when Kolkata Knight Riders lifted the cup of the DLF IPL, I started shedding tears of joy! And there was only one thing in my mind - It was worth the wait..

I was a die-heart supporter of the Kolkata Knight Riders from the first edition of the IPL. Kolkata Knight Riders hadn't performed up to their potential till season three. In the fourth edition of the IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders had come really close to the cup. But, they lost last year too.
This year, I was again supporting Kolkata Knight Riders. It was tough backing Kolkata Knight Riders after the two consecutive losses which they suffered right in the beginning of the tournament. But, I knew, that it is about supporting through thick and thin.
I supported Kolkata Knight Riders and defended it against all the people jealous of their success. When KKR made it into the finals, I was on cloud nine.
Chennai Super Kings played really well during the finals. They put up a mighty 190 runs. Kolkata Knight Riders had to make 191 to win this year's title.
They started out by losing Gautam Gambhir's wicket. My heart stopped beating when he was bowled out. I felt the tears in my eyes. But, I had to keep control. I had to keep my patience.
Manvinder Bisla and Jacques Kallis together led us to the victory. Bisla played a wonderful knock and Kallis supported him really well.
It all came down to the last over. It was Manoj Tiwary on the crease. He hit two consecutive boundaries to lead the team to their maiden IPL victory!

I was in tears. I was delighted and really very happy. It was the World Cup feeling yet again.

And in the end when Brett Lee lifted Shahrukh Khan, I was just so happy.. They clinged on to each other for so many minutes..!!

And now as the fifth edition of the IPL is coming to an end I would like to thank Kolkata Knight Riders for bringing home the cup! Thank you Gautam Gambhir for leading KKR like an able captain..!!
I would really miss everyone. And I really hope that I get to see them soon during the Champions League T20!
Congratulations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musings and the #KfcProposal