Monday 18 March 2013

I'll Miss You...

For the last two three days I have been getting so many texts in which my friends have mentioned all the things that they are going to miss if I go away. I cannot do anything about my going to another city... But, this is to tell everyone, that I am probably going to miss you all more than you will!
Let's consider a few things... With whom will I scream and celebrate after kkr wins, after we see Brett Lee somewhere, after we watch our masterchef favourites perform well! With whom will I go to my vehicle after the school gets over? Whom will I irritate by telling her to go away when i sit down in my van? With whom will I click pictures in which I say Brett Lee rather than cheese?
Who will solve my doubts and whose doubts will I solve with as much fun as I did here? With whom I will talk for long hours? Who will console me after I finish watching Titanic? Who will make me laugh by sending '-_-' in the text messages repeatedly or by calling NaCl 'puchu'? Whom will I scold for sleeping late at night and waking up really early during exams?
With whom will I have the craziest moments ever? Whom will I ask to not break her bones while dancing? Who will wear(or have) the same dresses that I have? Who will entertain me by mimicking others? Who will be my competitor and at the same time my motivator in elocutions and debates? Who will throw balls at me like she's hell bent on murdering me? Who will get food for me from the canteen?
Who will help me tolerate my partner in class? Who will crack the worst pjs and yet make me smile even when I am sad? Who will come with me to the adjacent class during breaks? Whom would I call kabutar or dhruvswamini?
Whom will I play cricket with? Will there be another 'pedi'? With whom will I create hilarious CID videos? Who will come and eat away my entire tiffin in a couple of bites? With whom will I fight over the emcee script? Who will umpire the cricket matches if I do play them? Who will teach me where to pitch the ball? Who will stand behind me as I pose like Kate Winslet of Titanic? Who will be there to make me talk non-stop in the van? Who will always be there to guide, help, understand and be there for me? Who is really going to call me 'lal tamatar'? Who will argue with me over Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan?
There are so many other things that I am going to miss! I may not have written them down here, but, that doesn't mean that any of you is unimportant! One person's life is influenced by many others'. I wish I am able to travel 1427 kms everyday to meet you all or not go away at all!






3 comments:

  1. You are a darling sweetheart. You'll do great at new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are changing around me today. Is that a little trepidation in my heart I feel? Fear, almost, if I let it sink in? Or did I catch a ray of hope? Of excitement, even?

    Why do I have to move on? Why do I need to stay put? What do I have but my past - even if you say its prologue. What do I have but my future - however unpredictable that might be.

    Things are changing around me today. Who am I? A soldier heading into battle; a pupa opening up to be a butterfly; a new bride stepping off the altar; a 14-year old moving to a new town...

    Leaving a life behind me. Everything I've known, everyone I've grown fond of, my friends, my follies, my self. Things are changing around me today, but as they say - change is the only constant. You will be missed, my friend, but your friendship is forever. You will be missed, sweet memories, but the memories are forever. As we carve out our own lives, destiny may bring us back together, or we may meet on the other side - but I will cherish every moment...

    ...just as I will accept with open arms and an open heart the things that are changing around me today. The people. The places. The culture. The food (oh yeah!). The colors of the sky. That pulse in the air.

    Trepidation. Fear, even...but wait, there's also hope. The best wishes of the people I love will be the wind in my sail. There's excitement in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so good. have u tried thinking abt writing as ur career ;)..... i will miss u too..

    ReplyDelete

Musings and the #KfcProposal