Saturday 29 September 2012

Decisions

Life is all about decisions and choices. It is said very rightly in one of the Harry Potter books : "it is your choices that show you who you truly are". Well, obviously, this line was used in a different context in the book!

You have to make choices every day and every moment.. And these choices affect not just your life but also the life of so many others!

Decision making is difficult! Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you are not able to decide... Sometimes, we need to take hard decisions and sometimes the quick ones!

And then the worst and best part about choices - they change!
Yeah, it's true! You choose something today and months ans years later you end up choosing something else.. This shows the uncertainity of our decisions.

I had always wanted to become an engineer, walk through the gates of Indian Institute of Technology(IIT). I have alway loved physics. It's not an easy subject. But, it's super interesting. I was completely against choosing a medical profession for myself. I liked biology but I felt that the medical field is for braver hearts than mine...

When I came to standard nine, I became really interested in biology. I started thinking of becoming a radiologist!! Now, this was a shocker for me! Never had I thought that I would ever wish to become a doctor!

It's not that I don't want to be an engineer anymore! I still like physics! But, then I also like biology. I have to make a choice.. Maybe it's too early to make one. But, it has to be made!

I don't know what choice I will make. I don't know what job I'll be doing 10 years hence! It's a hard decision to make. But I'm sure I'll be able to male it!

I am reminded of a few lines from Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken" which I will share with you :
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence :
Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Note : the poem has left it to the readers to decide whether the 'sigh' is an expression of happiness or an expression of disappointment....

1 comment:

Musings and the #KfcProposal