Thursday 16 May 2013

#LifeOfAStudent Post 10 : Friendship Day

Yep! It's true that this is going to be my 10th #LifeOfAStudent post. Another reason for celebration is that with my last post on home-works, I completed 90 posts on my blog! Cheers! Well, I am pretty excited... I hope I am able to make this one a good post! :D

Okay, so my 10th post under #LifeOfAStudent is going to be about Friendship days. You may wonder how friendship days are connected with a student's life. But, don't worry, I'll help you. :)

We all love to celebrate Friendship days! It falls every year on the first Sunday of August. It's actually funny to hold a Sunday as friendship day 'cause it's the students who are the most excited about it and on Sundays, schools are closed(not that I am appealing for Sunday school).

I sometimes wonder how much do the shopkeepers earn through this one occassion. Students of all age flock to the stores to get their hands on the best friendship bands. I purchase around 15-20 friendship bands and sometimes they too fall short. I buy 15, my friends buy 15 each... Well you can do the math, right? (P.S : If you are unable to figure what's 15x15, the answer's 225, and you should start concentrating on your math) :P

I usually buy friendship bands on Saturday because I fear that all the good ones will be gone otherwise. But, before I go out to buy bands, I have this discussion with my friends about what should we give. A good option that we have other than a band is a chocolate to each of our friends(preferably Dairy Milk). Lately, students have started giving chocolates and not bands. Of course, if you go to any gift store, you'll find a range of products for your friends. But, I think you'll agree when I say that buying 20 Friendship-day cups or frames would be a little heavy on one's pocket. :P

Last time, I had almost decided on chocolates but then I changed my mind and went for bands. I guess I'll try giving chocolates sometime! :P

There's one very embarrassing thing that can happen when you go to school after Friendship-Day(i.e, on Monday). You are happily gifting bands to your friends when suddenly, someone comes up to you and starts tying a band around your wrist. Uh-oh! Now, you would think how's that embarrassing. Well it's embarrassing because when you went to the market yesterday you bought 20 friendship bands, one for each of your friends, and now you don't have an extra to give it to her. You make a mental note to buy 21 friendship bands next time. :P

One thing that I absolutely dislike about school rules is that we're not allowed to wear the bands and move around in school. You only get to where it for a while and then you'll have to take it off. -_- But, in one way, its actually good 'cause if you've got friends like me who don't know how to tie a friendship band properly, by the time school's over you would've lost all your bands.

Yeah, I don't know how to tie them properly. I am unable to make a tight knot with the result that my friends come back to me to get them tied again! :P

Students are known to change rules. But, friendship day is a fine example of how students can change dates of celebrations. If you can't give us friendship day on Mondays, we'll change the dates for celebrating it with our friends. So, if you ask a student when's friendship day this year, I guess you'll hear 5th August as an answer.

You wouldn't disagree if I say that Friendship Day is a part of a student's life. If you do disagree, promise me to observe the hard-working adults and office-goers around you on this Friendship day. You'll know why it's a student's thing and not everybody's. :D

In today's post we talked about friendship bands quite a lot. But, you don't always need bands to convey your love and admiration for your friend. So, go on and give a hug to your friends and thank them for being there. :) :D

Well, that's it for today! I just completed my 10th post under #LifeOfAStudent :D
Yay!!! If you're thinking that this post was the last one, then you're mistaken! :P Goodbye, till the 11th one! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Musings and the #KfcProposal