Monday 6 May 2013

#LifeOfAStudent Post 3 : When we turn singers

How often have we heard our classmates humming songs during the classes? :D So, the third post under #LifeOfAStudent is about singing in the classroom.

You are sitting quietly and obediently writing down all that the teacher's saying when suddenly your partner starts humming songs. It can be a distraction, believe me. Sometimes, the humming becomes so loud that you have to strain your ears in order to catch the teacher's words. 

But, we're no different. Everyone loves songs. And sometimes the magic of music is so strong that even the worst of the singers start blaring their cacophonies. :P No one really minds unless of course the teacher's dictating notes. Often, people join in. And then in the centre of the class you'll find a choir. Not everyone will be a good singer, but they'll all be singing anyway. 

I remember a really funny incident from standard eight. I don't really remember the details of the event but it happened during our final term exams. I had finished writing my exam. My partner, a year junior to me, was either still writing or revising(I don't clearly remember. I guess its time for some almonds). I drank a good amount of water(I always do that after I finish writing) and since I had nothing to do, I laid my head down on the table. My head was towards my partner's paper. Then I, all of a sudden, started humming loudly. Not very loudly, but loud enough for my partner to look at me with a crazy, bewildered expression on her face. I immediately stopped. Although I felt like laughing out loud, I controlled my emotions... :P 

So, precisely that is when you lose control. Music is that good! 

You know what? It may sound strange and hysterical but when I am writing my examinations, there's always some song going on in my head. So, I'll be writing that the Battle of Plassey was a decisive victory of the British East India Company over the Nawab of Bengal and his French allies on 23 June 1757 and in my head this will be going on : "Even the best fall down sometimes. Even the wrong words seem to rhyme. Out of the doubt that fills my mind. I somehow find, You and I collide." I know that's weird but believe me, even my friends have the same experience.

I know you would call us insane, but Praga and I always have a discussion about the song that was running in our minds while we were writing our papers, after the exams get over. 

So, never stop yourself from expressing your heart's elation even if you're the worst singer in the world. And where else can you express yourself other than the class room? :D Bathroom's another option but then you won't find company there. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musings and the #KfcProposal