Saturday 11 May 2013

#LifeOfAStudent Post 7 : Decisions


The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back...

If you haven't guessed it already, my seventh post under #LifeOfAStudent is about choices and decisions that we take as a student.
There are so many decisions that we have to take every day, every moment. I just decided that I'll write a post on my blog instead of watching Princess Diaries 2 on TV. You  just took the decision of reading my post(Well, I thank you for that). As a student, you'll face multiple choices and you'll have to pick the right one(sounds similar to MCQs, right?).
Like Robert Frost, in the above poem, you may contemplate a lot before taking a decision or you may decide impulsively. Either way, it's you who will be in charge of everything that'll happen in your life. And so you need to choose wisely. 
We, as students, have to choose too! Do we want to sit on the first bench or the last? Do we want to stay in the class or bunk? Do we want to listen to the teacher or ourselves do all the talking? The answer to the above questions will probably be the second option for most of us, I guess! :P But, then life won't just throw us simple questions such as the ones listed above. 
"What do you want to become?". Some day we'll have to answer that question. It can be confusing but I believe that there will always be a moment when you won't have to look for an answer. You'll know. 
Today's topic probably sounds boring. But, you know what? We have to face the boring part of a student's life too sometime. 
Do we need to start worrying because we haven't made up our minds about what we want to become yet? Nope! Take your time and decide. It doesn't matter if you make a wrong decision. Sometimes, setbacks lead you to where you are supposed to be(Force of attraction, you know!). :D
So, taking decisions can be boring and even scary. But, they are a part of your life and if you are a student, you better be prepared for them. 
To end my post, I'll write down the last paragraph of  The Road Not Taken(the poem I started this post with)...
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll know? ;) Taken from sumwer i guess? huh? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Musings and the #KfcProposal